LiveChat Service B.V.
3012 KJ Rotterdam, Niederlande
Personal data: ‘personal data’ means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
Processing: ‘processing’ means any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
Data subject: Identifiable or identified natural person whose data is beeing processed.
Controller: ‘controller’ means the natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which, alone or jointly with others, determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data.
Processor: ‘processor’ means a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which processes personal data on behalf of the controller.
What data do we collect?
- Data that you provide to us directly, for example via our contact forms
- Data that you communicate to us in the chat, as well as the course of the conversation in the chat
- Information relating to website usage and user experience, for example, the user’s IP address and analytics information provided by third parties (Google Analytics)
- Operating system of your device,
- Browser version of your device,
- Name of the retrieved file(s),
- Date and time of download,
- transferred data volume,
- Referring URL
Why is the data collected?
- To process and answer contact requests
- Tracking and evaluation of website usage
- Improving the usability of the website on different devices and operating systems
- The marketing of our services within the limits of the GDPR
How do we process your personal information?
LiveChat Service uses your data exclusively for the purposes stated above. We do not sell your information, but it may be processed by partner companies, our contract processors. Our processors are in turn bound by a processing contract (DPA) to process the data in accordance with the GDPR and only to use it to provide services for us.
Personal data of persons from Germany are stored 90 days, from Holland and the remaining EU 180 days by us.
Transfer to third countries
Our processors can process personal data outside the EU or the European Economic Area (EEA) in countries which, according to the European Commission, have a sufficient level of data protection.
Thanks to cookies, it is not necessary to enter or download the same information repeatedly when you return to our website. It also helps us see how the site is used and how we can make it more customer friendly. We also use this information for marketing purposes.
We set cookies by the following companies in accordance with of Article 6(1) lit. f GDPR:
- Google Analytics
- Google Tag Manager
Set cookies are active for 90 days for visitors from Germany and 180 days for visitors from the Netherlands and the rest of the EU, if they are not previously deleted by the visitor.
You can delete cookies in your browser and also set whether you want to accept cookies. Without cookies, however, it is possible that our website will not function completely.
Below you will find information on how to delete or deactivate cookies:
- Chrome https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
- Firefox https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/clear-cookies-and-site-data-firefox
- Internet Explorer https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- Edge https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10607/microsoft-edge-view-delete-browser-history
- Safari (iOS) https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201265
- Safari (macOS) https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/safari/sfri11471/mac
You rights as data subject
- Right of access (Art. 15 GDPR): You have the right to know whether and which personal data is stored by us, for what purpose and for how long.
- Right to rectification (Art. 16 GDPR): You have the right to request the rectification of incorrect personal data concerning yourself.
- Right to erasure (Art. 17 GDPR): You have the right to require us to delete personal data relating to you without delay.
- Right to restriction of processing (Art. 18 GDPR): You have the right, subject to certain conditions, to require from us to restrict the processing.
- Right to data portability (Art. 20 GDPR): You have the right to receive the personal data concerning you, which you provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to another controller
- Right to object (Art. 21 GDPR): You have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time to processing of personal data concerning you.
You will find further information on your rights as a data subject here: https://gdpr-info.eu/chapter-3/
If you have further questions about data protection at LiveChat Service, please contact us at