More Sales

Do you want more conversion via your website?

We see and hear it all around us, most company adverts refer to the website:

  • On TV: Hotel? Trivago.co.uk.
  • On the radio: eHarmony.co.uk, join free today!
  • When I google sneakers I get countless sneaker providers through Adwords. From magazines, offline advertising to printed promotional gifts, they all refer to the website.

But what happens then? Do the visitors convert automatically? Unfortunately, this is not the case. The average conversion rate in the Netherlands is between 0.5 and 3%. This means that the remaining 97% does not convert. The question is: why not?

Convert with live chat

Visiting the website shows that there is a latent need. Does this mean that people can’t find what they are looking for, that the offer doesn’t match the wishes or are error messages the problem? The answer will not be found as long as there is no contact with the website visitor. Offering easily accessible contact increases the conversion rate because this contact is now readily available and visitors are guided through their customer journey. Large-scale studies by Boldchat, Forrester Research and Userlike have already shown the positive influence of live chat on conversion several times.

Improve conversion in two ways

Live chat realizes a better website conversion in two ways. First of all, customers receive immediate answers to questions, so that they do not get stuck in the search process. At the same time, any objections to a purchase are removed by providing pre-sales advice. The other way in which live chat realizes more conversion is by retrieving information through the chats. The thousands of chats that will be on your website in the future are a major source of information. The needs of potential customers, ambiguities and customers are all forms of information that can help you communicate better to the potential customer. No matter how well the chat is integrated on a website, there will never be a chat started by every website visitor. The visitors who you can’t convert via the chat will with the information on the website. By talking to many visitors you can optimize this information.

Average higher purchase price

Live chat not only ensures that more website visitors go to buy, it also increases the average purchase price. Your customers will therefore spend more per purchase. A major advantage is that more turnover is achieved without attracting new customers. Research by Boldchat shows that the average purchase price of visitors who chat is 60% higher than visitors who do not chat. For mobile chat users this is even 68%. Below are four techniques describing how a live chat can increase the average purchase price per visitor.

  • Upselling: with the help of customer contact during the buying process, the chat operator can recommend better and more expensive products.
  • Cross-selling: chat operators can recommend complementary products.
  • Special offers: chat operators can make special offers as customers are more willing to make a purchase when it is on offer.
  • Downselling: this does not negatively affect the purchase price, but a purchase cannot be made from it.

 

Would you like more information about livechat and conversion? Download  our  “Whitepaper livechat conversion” here. 

Livechat: More than just a <strong>  contact channel </strong>

Livechat: More than just a contact channel